Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen

Voilà le bon vent, voilà le joli vent, ma vie m'aime, ma vie m'attend...

Sonntag, August 20, 2006

London. Love it or Leave it. Mmmhh... love it!

Dear all,

Good news: After almost 2 months in this 8-million city, I slowly start to know where I am going, and this feels so good :-) This is one of the reasons why I decided to stay here until the end of December instead of going to Hamburg!!!! (Another incident which convinced me to stay here was the following comment by a German at 8am on a Monday in the tube after he realised that I was from Austria: "Aaah, Austria! Wiener Schmäh, as you say!")

Honestly, I just love the city, people, work, flat... I even start liking the weather! (Nevertheless, I have come to the conclusion that good food is just not part of the English culture. Every Austrian who has tried Fish and Chips knows what I am talking about.)

As it has been a whole month since my last post (seeing the blogs of u other guys, I realised that I am definitely one of the laziest...), here are the highlights:

- Worked a whole week in the Royal Opera House for my company. The building is amazing, nevertheless, you can get lost inside in the artists area quite easily.The Russian signs everywhere because the Bolshoi Ballet is currently performing there (By the way: I saw them in Don Quixote today, they are just stunning) obviusly didn't make it any easier for me to find the right way:-). Working there in the future is really one of my dreams!

- For all the Beatles Fans: there are 2 really famous places to see: Abbey Road (Abbey Studios) and Camden Town (John Lennon's House - I assume he stayed there before he became famous :-)).










- I found the perfect university for my further studies: London School of Business. Gym and Pool included.


- Saw the setting of a world record at Trafalgar Square (most people dancing the same choreography at the same time, or something like that:-)). Great Atmoshphere, especially when they found out that they really set the record.

- Nightlife in London is an adventure. I recommend to all the Zoo Club at Leicester Square with 2 Floors: Upstairs 3 monkeys, downstairs Dom im Berg. Girls 5 pounds, guys 7-10 pounds, depending on the mood of the security guy and the percentage of men already in the club (usually 80-90%).

- My crazy beloved chilean visited me for two weeks, so great! Here are some impressions.

- Went to Greenwich to see the Prime Meridian of the World. For all the ones who go ???: The Greenwich Meridian (Longitude Zero degrees) marks the starting point of every time zone in the World. It is World Time and the basis of every world time zone (i.e. what you see on your notebook as GMT means Greenwich Meridian Time.. :-))

THE thing to do is obviously to stand at both hemispheres at the same time. There's also an observatorium, many interesting exhibitions and a lovely park. And last, but not least, an amazing view... - Never trust in Londoners: The tourists know better! I finally found the blue door and the Travel Bookshop from Notting Hill! (Remark: The house with the blue door is originally the house of the author of Notting Hill... What a nice way to make oneself famous, now he has loads of tourists in front of his door every day :-))

Anyway, so far so good, I hope you all have a great time!

Lots of love, take care,

Lala

3 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger susl said…

    honey, quito is great, will activate my blog soon and then let you know! miss you! susanne

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    Hi beauty!

    I just bumped into your message, link... I'm really happy to see that all is going well for you in London! Life, love, etc. Many kisses&take care of yourself! Laurent

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Doreen said…

    Hey Martina,

    When reading your stories all memories from my stay in London come up, I really love the city too! And, I also looked for the Notting Hill Blue Door.... and found it!

    Have a lot more fun until December,
    Doreen

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home